At current moment, I'm somewhere in Singapore eating yummy hawker street food with my friends, Stef and Ada. Luckily I had the forsight to create this post ahead of time. Something that's been a bit lacking on the blogs this year. Looked around for 2010's wrap-up list but apparently I was too busy vacationing in Mexico at the time :) Last New Year's post was written in 2009, in which I sound way too happy. Must have been the post-accident-i-love-life-high coming through.
This list is by no means an exhaustive summary of the year. Just the moments that are sitting in my head as December winds down.
- For the first time since graduation, I actually have an itch to move to SF again. And give up my ridicuous rent? Right, well it's only an itch...
- There was a lot of stress with the new job. I really should have shutdown and gotten offline more often. Making this current trip much needed and long overdue.
- Naive I am not but on an occasion or two, I may been too trusting. It's a shame that you sometimes can't take people at face value. But it was such an incident that helped reset the values that I deem important in others.
- Saw my bestie, Ada, move to NY. Never in a millon years would I have expected it. But proud of her for doing it.
- I have a beau. Shhhh, don't tell mom. He's the Aussie and he's awesome. Quite clever too.
- As you know, the holidays and my family don't go hand in hand. But this year, mom bought me a real gift. Diamond earrings. Plus three Buddhism books to save my soul (her words not mine).
- I discovered that I'm allergic to Acai berry seeds. Not the juice, but the seeds. An unfortunate finding after I engulfed half a bag of chocolate covered berries and broke out in hives for a week.
- Still traveling. Wish there was more time in a year for this but I can't complain about Mexico, Miami, Barcelona, Madrid, Leavenworth (a cute Bavarian town 3 hours outside of Seattle, WA) and Singapore.
- The Reina Sofia museum in Madrid is one of the most beautiful museums that I've ever been to. I'd return just for that and the Jardin Botanico.
- My friend Jas married her best friend, Sancha, after a decade of friendship and all of us wondering if they were ever going to realize what we already knew ;)
- Lots of awesome music festivals to remember with WMC, Coachella and Outside Lands. Always grateful for a chance to be with friends, music and outdoors dancing. Rain or shine.
- Had another amazing year of food parties with the friends. Too many to recount here. Just know, I'm one lucky gal.
Hope you're having a wonderful New Year. See you in 2012.